Wells Fargo: A long history of asset management
Wells Fargo & Company was founded in the United States in 1852 to serve the country’s banking and express needs during the height of its westward expansion. Wells Fargo distinguished itself by partnering with local specialists for the safe delivery of people and their valuables to distant destinations. Although much has changed over the years, Wells Fargo still maintains this early commitment to integrity and service. For more than three decades, Wells Fargo has built on this uncommon legacy by providing a broad family of US-based funds, separately managed accounts and other investment solutions.
Wells Fargo launched the Wells Fargo (Lux) Worldwide Fund in 2008, bringing investors worldwide the strength of its scale and collective expertise through a
broad range of investment solutions. As part of Wells Fargo Asset Management, the Wells Fargo (Lux) Worldwide Fund brings together a strategic balance of asset managers, each of which is recognised for its distinct area of investment expertise, time-tested investment process and track record of meeting investors’ expectations. Our 29 investment teams manage a variety of investment solutions, including mutual funds and separately managed accounts.
The Wells Fargo (Lux) Worldwide Fund brings together:
- Autonomous investment teams. Our asset managers operate independently, using their own proprietary research and analysis to implement their unique, time-tested investment strategies and processes. This approach frees our portfolio management teams to focus on their individual strengths so they can do what they do best: pursue consistent, risk-adjusted performance.
- Independent risk management. All of our portfolio managers are subject to overarching risk management to ensure that their independent investment processes remain consistent and are aligned with our highly disciplined investment governance policies and procedures. This rigorous oversight creates a culture that holds portfolio managers accountable for delivering results consistent with clients' expectations.
- Collaborative partnerships. In an increasingly complex and ever-changing investment environment, we know that the best results for our clients can only be achieved through deep, collaborative partnerships. With expertise in all traditional asset classes, we offer a wide range of investment solutions that can be customised to meet the evolving needs of our clients.
- Over 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes
- Over 1,300 dedicated team members, including more than 500 investment professionals
- A global reach with offices and clients around the world
ECM Asset Management Limited
Established in 1999, ECM Asset Management Limited is an award-winning asset manager focused on European and Global fixed income and credit. With a 20-strong investment team of fixed income specialists, our expertise extends across the credit universe.
ECM's expertise covers the full credit investment universe. This ensures we are able to offer our clients a diversified range of specialised, multi asset credit and long/short products to suit specific investor requirements. This breadth of expertise is also a crucial component of our investment process, ensuring insight and analytical inputs from all parts of the credit spectrum to aid investment decision making across portfolios.